Section 3: Global Health Topics in Central America
The Center for Global Health thanks Ashti Doobay-Persaud, MD from the Section of Global Health in the Division of Hospital Medicine for compiling the information in this curriculum. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Doobay-Persaud.
These are video lectures prepared for Hillside Healthcare Clinic by Dr. Dick Anstett, a family physician and global health educator. The lectures were prepared for students visiting Hillside Healthcare International.
Visiting faculty are not expected to create a new curriculum; instead lecture materials are available for faculty to review and subsequently moderate discussions on global health as delivered by experts in the field. A discussion point tool for faculty has been developed for Hillside (link to talking points coming soon).
*Apple users should use Safari on any modules that are from Global Health Education Consortium (GHEC)
- MODULE 1: Introduction to Healthcare and Illness in Rural Central America
- MODULE 2: Social Determinants of Disease
- MODULE 3: Community Health Projects in Developing Countries
- MODULE 4: Dermatologic Conditions seen at Hillside
- MODULE 5: Tropical Diseases in Developing Countries
ADVANCE TO NEXT SECTION >> SECTION 4: INFECTIOUS/COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
This page last updated Feb 16, 2012