News & Announcements
- Feinberg student receives a competitive external award from the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA)
- Faculty Opportunity: 2014-2015 Fulbright Scholar program
- 2013 Emory Global Health Case Competititon Team has been selected
- Northwestern Global Health Foundation wins Chicago Innovation Award for rapid HIV infant test
- USAID's Global Health Fellows Program II is now accepting requests for informational interviews
- Join the International Medical Corps (IMC) Emergency Response Deployment Roster
- WHO recognizes Chicago medical response team in Haiti relief efforts
- NU is sending its first team to Emory University's Global Health Case Competition!
- Dr. Galvin to speak at the DHA Symposium, "Public Health Challenges in Haiti Two Years after the 2010 Earthquake"
- New Medical Education Opportunity added! The Nigerian Institute for Medcial Research (NIMR) is now an FSM-affiliated site for medical rotations.
- Photo Contest Winner: Mitra Ashfari, Class of 2012 MD-MPH candidate.
- Announcement for Students: We've reached capacity for M4s who wish visit Makerere University for the Jan 30-Feb 24, 2012 rotation period as well as our limit for M4s visiting Stellenbosch during the same time as well as March 26 - April 20, 2012. There still openings for students to visit Makerere during the March and April rotation time periods.
Feinberg student receives a competitive external award from the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA)
Claudia Leung, under the mentorship of Dr. Claudia Hawkins, Assistant Professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases and Center for Global Health, received a competitive external award from the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA). Ms. Leung designed a study entitled “Assessing the Dual Burden of Disease in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania." She plans to conduct a site assessment of resources and services currently in place for the prevention, identification, and treatment of NCDs, develop a quality assessment of care indicators to measure the performance of clinics in assessing and managing CVD risk factors, and assess attitudes and practices of healthcare workers regarding programs and systems for NCDs via a healthcare worker survey. Congratulations, Claudia!
Global Health Media Coverage
- "Seeking to Learn Spanish, Student Discovers Much More" - Feinberg School of Medicine article
- "Feinberg student finds new experiences in Guatemala" - NU Global Health Portal blog
- David Kelso, PhD, was quoted and Daniel Diermeier, PhD, Matthew Glucksberg, PhD, and Robert Murphy, MD, were mentioned in the NU News article, "Trial of New HIV Test for Babies in Africa"
- "Northwestern chosen to compete in global health summit" - Daily Northwestern student newspaper covers NU's participation in the Global Health Case Competition
- Dr. Robert Murphy, Director of the Center for Global Health, was featured with philanthropist Ann Lurie on a WGN three-part series about AID Village Clinics in Kenya called "Chicago Care a Continent Away."
- Dr. Robert Murphy, Director of the Center for Global Health, was mentioned in The Economist article "No hiding place: The long-sought goal of a cure for AIDS is inching closer."
This page last updated May 10, 2013