Traveling internationally for a global health rotation requires serious planning and organization on the part of the student, resident, fellow, or faculty member. Following, the Center for Global Health has compiled all the forms, handbooks, and more so you are sure to be prepared.
- Checklist for Preparing for Global Health Rotations
Find a timeline and list of required steps for Feinberg students who wish to participate in a clinical rotation or medical education program at Feinberg FSM affiliated as well as unaffiliated institutions at international sites
- Sponsored Travel Form - Student & resident awards
Download the CGH Sponsored Travel Form
- Health Agreement Form
Access this required form
- Health and Safety Preparedness Form
Access this required form
- Feinberg Student Handbook on Global Health
Find information on the logistics and requirements for global health rotations, as well as some site-specific information
- Supplemental Travel Health Insurance (GeoBlue)
Get supplemental GeoBlue travel insurance at an additional cost
- Travel Waiver for Affiliated and Unaffiliated Northwestern Programs
Complete the waiver to receive academic credit for your international rotation.
- Request for Elective International Medical Rotation to Non-CGH Institution
Required by FSM for all sites without formal CGH affiliations. Please submit no less than 60 days before planned travel.
- Post-Program Evaluation Survey
To be completed after your rotation.
The following links are to valuable information and resources for international travel. They are both within Northwestern University (although outside our center) and trusted sources outside the university.
- Office of Global Safety and Security
An excellent resource on guidance for emergencies abroad, university travel policies, advice on health and safety abroad
- Northwestern's Study Abroad Office
Find information related to mental health, identity, and diversity issues when traveling internationally
- NU's Risk Management: Visiting Scholar Supplemental Health Insurance
Get information on international health insurance for visiting scholar/spouse/dependents or other authorized personnel
- Office of Medical Education Registration and Records
Find registration Services for M3 and M4 students
- Health Services
Access information on Chicago and Evanston-based travel clinics for immunizations and travel medicine
- Drum Cussac
Register for the supplementary travel service that NU makes available to provide security updates, worldwide assistance, and evacuation services for all students and employees who travel outside the United States to study or conduct university business
- Travel Services
Book a flight
- Global Health Pedagogy: The Art and Science of Teaching Global Health
by Ashti Doobay- Persaud, Chih Chuang, & Jessica Evert
Chapter from Global Health Experiential Education From Theory to Practice
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Yellow Book
Find advice on health risks related to international travelers about health risks
- LGBTQ Resources for International Education
Find step-by-step instructions for applying to a program via our How to Apply page.
Submit our Global Health Education Inquiry Form for more information.