Traveling internationally for a global health rotation requires serious planning and organization on the part of the student, resident, fellow or faculty member. See the Institute for Global Health's list of the forms, handbooks and other resources you'll need to be prepared.
- Checklist for Preparing for Global Health Rotations: A timeline and list of required steps for Feinberg students who wish to participate in a clinical rotation or medical education program at an international site
- Health Agreement Form (required)
- Health and Safety Preparedness Form (required)
- Feinberg Student Handbook on Global Health: Information on the logistics and requirements for global health rotations, as well as some site-specific information
- Supplemental Travel Health Insurance (GeoBlue)
- Travel Waiver
- Post-Program Evaluation Survey
- Unaffiliated Site Application
- Away Elective Application Form (MD Education site): Complete the waiver to receive academic credit for your international rotation
- Office of Global Safety and Security
An excellent resource on guidance for emergencies abroad, university travel policies, advice on health and safety abroad.
- Northwestern's Study Abroad Office
Find information related to mental health, identity and diversity issues when traveling internationally.
- Northwestern Risk Management: Visiting Scholar Supplemental Health Insurance
Get information on international health insurance for visiting scholar/spouse/dependents or other authorized personnel.
- Office of Medical Education Registration and Records
Find registration Services for M3 and M4 students.
- Health Services
Access information on Chicago- and Evanston-based travel clinics for immunizations and travel medicine.
- Drum Cussac
Northwestern makes this supplemental travel insurance available to provide security updates, worldwide assistance and evacuation services for all students and employees who travel outside the United States to study or conduct university business.
- Travel Services
Book a flight.
- "Global Health Pedagogy: The Art and Science of Teaching Global Health" by Ashti Doobay-Persaud, Chih Chuang and Jessica Evert, chapter from Global Health Experiential Education From Theory to Practice
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Yellow Book
Find advice on health risks related to international travelers about health risks.
- LGBTQ Resources for International Education