Ryan Family Center for Global Primary Care
Our mission is to improve Global Primary Health Care quality, access, and impact through partnerships and innovations in research, education and service. As defined by the World Health Organization, primary health care is people-focused, rather than disease-focused, care that includes health promotion, disease prevention, treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care.
We aim to utilize an approach that builds on new and existing partnerships that help to identify opportunities for research, training and capacity-building within these institutions. Through our foundation built on collaboration, our vision is to strengthen global primary care approaches and help to bring expertise to the field through building procedures and focus based on landscape review.
- Using Systems Modeling to Improve Retention in Care for Hypertensive Patients in Primary Care Settings in Nigeria
- Assessing Implementation in Primary Healthcare Centers in Lagos, Nigeria
- Evaluating Capacity, Site Readiness & Capacity for Implementation of a Multi-Level Hypertension Control Program in Bamako, Mali
- Implementation and Effectiveness of Community Health Extension Worker-Led Health Coaching and Home Blood Pressure Monitoring on Hypertension Control Among High-Risk Individuals with Uncontrolled Hypertension in Nigeria
- Combatting Poverty and Malnutrition in the Kigezi Sub-Region in Southwestern Uganda: The Rabbit Breeding Project
- Primary Care Quality Improvement Transformation for Private Health Sector in Liberia
- Establishment of Primary Health Care in Rural Tanzania
- The Effectiveness of Training Healthcare Providers on the Integration of Adolescent- & Youth-Friendly Health Services in PHCs in Ogun State
- Promoting Eye Health Through Community Health Workers Using a Mobile Telephone Platform: A Pilot Project in Dandora, Kenya
- Global Virtual Primary Care Elective
- Point of Care Hemoglobin A1c for Diabetes Assessment at Hillside Healthcare International Clinic
- Chronic, Non-Communicable Disease in the Dominican Republic
- PrimaryCare for Key Populations in the Dominican Republic
- Point of Care Ultrasound for Detection of Pnemonia at Hillside Healthcare International Clinic
Low Middle Income Country
Funding Opportunities for Faculty
Research Catalyzer Funding: Primary Care
The Havey Institute for Global Health is pleased to share this call for applications to supporting member faculty research projects focused on improving Primary Care services and systems throughout the world.
Project Award Funding: Primary Care
The Havey Institute for Global Health is pleased to offer support to affiliated Northwestern faculty for projects focused on improving Primary Care services and systems throughout the world.