Ryan Family Center for Global Primary Care
Our mission is to improve Global Primary Health Care quality, access, and impact through partnerships and innovations in research, education and service. As defined by the World Health Organization, primary health care is people-focused, rather than disease-focused, care that includes health promotion, disease prevention, treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care.
We work to establish and strengthen partnerships for research, training and capacity-building between Northwestern and institutions in other countries. Our vision is to work across institutions and communities to strengthen global primary care strategies, delivery and research to ensure effective care and achieve quality Universal Health Care for all.
- Age-Friendly Services for Older Adults: Assessing the Implementation in Primary Health Care Centres in Lagos, Nigeria
- Age-friendly Primary Health Care for Older Adults: Selecting and Co-designing Priority Interventions for facilities in Lagos, Nigeria
- Implementation and Effectiveness of Community Health Extension Worker-Led Health Coaching and Home Blood Pressure Monitoring on Hypertension Control Among High-Risk Individuals with Uncontrolled Hypertension in Nigeria
- The Effectiveness of Training Healthcare Providers on the Integration of Adolescent- & Youth-Friendly Health Services in PHCs in Ogun State
- Using Systems Modeling to Improve Retention in Care for Hypertensive Patients in Primary Care Settings in Nigeria
- Evaluating Capacity, Site Readiness & Capacity for Implementation of a Multi-Level Hypertension Control Program in Bamako, Mali
- Combatting Poverty and Malnutrition in the Kigezi Sub-Region in Southwestern Uganda: The Rabbit Breeding Project
- Establishment of Primary Health Care in Rural Tanzania
- Global Virtual Primary Care Elective
- Promoting Eye Health Through Community Health Workers Using a Mobile Telephone Platform: A Pilot Project in Dandora, Kenya
- Chronic, Non-Communicable Disease in the Dominican Republic
- Point of Care Hemoglobin A1c for Diabetes Assessment at Hillside Healthcare International Clinic
- PrimaryCare for Key Populations in the Dominican Republic
- Point of Care Ultrasound for Detection of Pnemonia at Hillside Healthcare International Clinic
Low Middle Income Country
Funding Opportunities for Faculty
Research Catalyzer Funding: Primary Care
The Havey Institute for Global Health is pleased to share this call for applications to supporting member faculty research projects focused on improving Primary Care services and systems throughout the world.
Project Award Funding: Primary Care
The Havey Institute for Global Health is pleased to offer support to affiliated Northwestern faculty for projects focused on improving Primary Care services and systems throughout the world.